The LABOGENA innovation process is based on multidisciplinary skills:
- Molecular biology
- Project management
- Validation of methods according to ISO 17025
- Good Laboratory Practice
These skills are at your disposal to :
- Innovate in processes to offer you the best products and services
- Help you in the achievement of your research projects
The R&D department works with Paris Sud and Versailles Saint-Quentin universities to train young people on innovative topics, for the implementation of molecular tools applied to animal selection.
One of the main missions of the R&D department is to keep the laboratory at the cutting edge of technology. To achieve this, the team conducts a efficent technological watch, notably through its participation in numerous international seminars:
- International Society for Animal Genetics (ISAG)
- Plant and Animal Genome conference (PAG)
- World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production (WCGALP)
The service is also in charge of optimizing technologies for high-throughput automation and traceability, and must also anticipate the technology switch. For example, the service:
- Implemented the first European fully automated Illumina platform for high-throughput genotyping
- Promoted the switch from microsatellites to SNP to perform the parentage testing in cattle
- Develops the genotyping by Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
The service constantly expands the LABOGENA catalog, through the establishment of new panels for parentage assignment and diagnosis in many species. After validation of the new methods according to the ISO17025 standard, the R&D team gives to production the new tests that become available to order. Do not hesitate to contact us via our customer service to let us know your new requests!
For more than 30 years, LABOGENA has been recognized internationally for its expertise in the fields of molecular genetics and genomics. Moreover, its presence on the INRA Campus allows the development of numerous partnerships.
LABOGENA's R&D department participates in numerous collaborative projects with breeding companies, research institutes and European laboratories for the identification of genetic markers and the setting up of molecular tools. All these projects result in the publication of articles with good impact factor.
Three European programs for research and innovation called "Horizon 2020" and supported by the European Commission
Improving European aquaculture by advancing selective breeding to the next level for the six main finfish species
The development of tools for tracing and evaluating the genetic impact of fish from aquaculture
Preventing and mitigating farmed bivalve diseases
Three projects supported by FranceAgriMer, including a P3A project "innovation and competitiveness of agricultural and agri-food chains"
Development of genetic markers for the selection of domestic bees resistant to varroa parasite
Validation of a marker-assisted selection method to improve the genetic resistance of the hollow oyster to two major diseases
Genetic characterization of French rainbow trout populations using the first 57k SNP chip and first applications
Partnerships with INRA, GABI teams (Animal Genetics and Integrative Biology) and UMT3G
For the identification of animals with mutations involved in hereditary diseases or animal welfare, LABOGENA develops reliable DNA tests for early detection and diagnosis.
- Development of genetic tests for the detection of abnormalities or production traits
- Development of innovative breeding tests
- Management of genomic data
- Apis-Gene programs